About the Experience
Mention the word barbecue in Texas, and two things are bound to happen. First, people’s hunger juices will start flowing; second, a debate will ensue about the best way to prepare the meat. We got you covered on both, we will not only have the opportunity to hear from the pit-master himself but have the chance to enjoy an incredible meal.
What to Expect
The story of the history of Texas BBQ and how it came to be such an ingrained part of Texas culture is a long, winding, mouthwatering road; filled with grit and gumption, much like Texas itself. In the 1800s, smokehouses and BBQ pits popped up all over Texas, giving rise to the commercial barbecue industry.
The "Meet the Pitmaster" experience covers the history of the Texas BBQ from a professional pitmaster at one of North Texa's most popular BBQ destinations. We will tour the facility, and learn about the traditions and the secrets behind the distinct taste that makes the legendary Texas barbecue style.
The second part of the experience includes a full BBQ meal planned by the pitmaster for the group.
- Touring the facility
- Meet and Greet the pitmaster
What's Not included
- Alcoholic beverages
- Round Trip Transportation: Transportation cost depends on the number of guests, which determines the type of vehicle used during the event. The event date and time might also affect the transportation cost; holidays and weekends are usually pricier than weekdays.
- Bourbon Pairing +$30/guest: There are few things that go together better than a nice dram of bourbon and a killer slab of barbecued meat. So much so that pairing bourbon and barbecue has become on of the most popular request we received.
What you need to know before you book
- This experience does not allow any food substitution. If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, this experience is not for you.
- This experience can only be done between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. BBQ joints close early or when they run out of meat.
What you need to know before you go
- Come hungry you and your guests will enjoy a full meal. And remember ... if you dont get a little messy, youre not doing it right.
Great For: Foodies, Visitors, Office/Team Celebration, Family Reunion, Bachelor Party