About the Bus Tour
Join us as we walk back in time to the prairie lands of north Texas on our McKinney excursion. Relive the stories of pioneers, settlers, bandits, and businessmen that gave birth to the seat of Collin county. Be captivated by the old and the new. McKinney’s spirit, unique, rich, and diverse, has been preserved by gently mixing the old with a vibrant present. In part because of the history that shaped it, McKinney is unique by nature.
What to Expect
Unique by nature sums up the McKinney excursion. From the early days of survival in the harsh Texas sun to the settlement of a town square, McKinney has retained its unique nature by preserving the old while ushering in the new. Become captivated with this city’s rustic charm and delighted with its modern offerings.
On this tour, we’ll explore how McKinney was settled, what life was like in the 1800s for the early residents, then make our way into the business hub. In downtown, we’ll get a chance to watch the city grow in front of our eyes.
We will recess for a wine tasting at one of Downtown McKinney's favorite wineries and give you some time to explore the local stores and galleries.
We will resume our tour revisiting the arrival of the railroads and the cotton boom to the north Texan town, we will also visit the historical courthouse and the country prison. Booms and busts, gangsters and guns, disasters, murders, triumphs, and more, McKinney truly has a lot to offer.
Come visit McKinney and discover what makes this nostalgic and charming yet vibrant and cultured city the gem of North Texas!
- Appropriately sized private bus for your group
- Pick up at your location with roundtrip transportation
- Professional Tour Guide, Live Commentary
- Wine tasting at a local winery
- All taxes fees and handling charges
- Lunch/Dinner: There are plenty of options to satisfy your taste buds at one of downtown McKinney’s farm-to-table restaurants like Rye or Harvest Seasonal Kitchen which feature locally-sourced menus, the great pizza (and live music) at Cadillac Pizza Pub, the very authentically Irish food and drink at The Celt Irish Pub, or some of the most mouthwatering steaks and burgers at Rick’s Chophouse, Local Yocal BBQ & Grill, and Square Burger.
Great For: Visitors, Family Reunion, Wine Lovers, History Buffs