About the Walking Tour
This excursion takes a closer look at the multifaceted Dallas Arts District, home to a variety of institutions that celebrate various forms of art. By digging deeper we discover a historical context that elevates our understanding of not only the art pieces, but also the cultural hub in which this all takes place. An art and urban history lesson in one!
What to Expect
Located in the Northeast junction of Downtown Dallas, we will find the largest continuous arts district in the nation. Spanning 68 acres, the Dallas Arts District continues to flourish in the vision initiated by city’s leaders in the 1970’s. The neighborhood has preserved its’ historic buildings, as they reflect the roots of the city, while experiencing waves of new influential additions.
The tour will be divided into two parts. The first half of the excursion goes through the Dallas Arts District, exploring various establishments that encourage our creative side. Venues such as museums, music halls, performance centers, green spaces, and even restaurants have a story to tell. While impressive on their own, together they make up the thriving hub recognized today.
For the second half of the tour, we will be visiting your choice of either the Dallas Museum of Art or the Nasher Sculpture Center. There we will study the highlights of the establishment’s collection. Whether you resonate with the traditional or gravitate towards the contemporary, these spaces have you covered. By going over the informative details about the art and their respective homes, we go beyond the first glance to find another
layer of life.
The Dallas Arts District, is a rare jewel that serves as the centerpiece of Dallas cultural life. The district is a result of the city’s tenacity and global reach, culminating in the largest urban Arts District in the United States and home to some of the finest Pritzker award-winning architecture in the world!. A trip to Dallas is incomplete without a visit, join us!
- Artist led tour
- Live narrated tour
- Chose between an hour DMA or Nasher highlights tour.
What's Not included
- Lunch or Dinner
- Guide gratuity
- Round Trip Transportation: Transportation cost depends on the number of guests, which determines the type of vehicle used during the event. The event date and time might also affect the transportation cost; holidays and weekends are usually pricier than weekdays.
- Food Truck: We negotiate the best rate, coordinate logistics, and make sure the food truck shows up with everything you need. That gives you more time to enjoy the excursion.
- Lunch: There are several options available raging from popular Tex-Mex to traditional Texas BBQ. - Starting at $40.00
What you need to know before you book
- The tour is about two hours long and it will be divided into two sections. The first hour we are going to walk around the Dallas Arts District 67 blocks. The second hour we will explore the highlights of the DMA or Nasher Sculpture Centers collections.
Great For: Visitors, Art Lovers, Architeture Enthusiasts, Young Adults